Wednesday, February 29, 2012

 

Sat Nam everyone.

It is raining in our new home in Santa Cruz. Foggy, rain. I am so happy!

Lately I have been asking to go deeper into meditation, especially with our 40 day Global Sadhana meditation, Release Fears and Become a Conscious Leader.

Once when I was chanting in the Gurdwara in Los Angeles, at Guru Ram Das Ashram I asked God to take me deeper into the experience. At that moment I had remembered something my teacher Yogi Bhajan taught and that is to focus at the third eye point.

We were chanting "Har Har Waheguru" which essentially means "God God Great is God."

Everyone was chanting together, and it was beautiful. But there was this kind of distracted sense in my mind that would not let me go deeper. I kept thinking of different things and not really having an experience of chanting.

So at that moment I closed my eyes and focused at the third eye point, the point between the eyebrows. I remember asking God, "Can you please take me into your Grace right now?" That is the moment when I went completely into the chanting. I was not chanting, I was the chant. It was an incredible experience full of light and love. Words cannot describe it. It was the touch of the Guru.

I will always remember this moment, the power of sincere prayer and the power of focusing on the third eye.

Yogi Bhajan used to always teach us that we receive everything from God that we ask for. And he said, in those moments of desperation when the human being is really just had enough and is asking for change, that is an incredible time when all things are possible. I have found this to be incredibly true in my life.

Sat Nam.

Love and Blessings,
Snatam Kaur

Join us at our Costa Rica Retreat in two weeks!

Comments:
It's always best to keep minor spiritual victories 'gupt' i.e. secret...or they don't last...
 
Sat Nam.

I often have the problem of focusing during meditations and I was especially disappointed in myself during chanting. How, I thought could I not just go with it? It is beautiful after all.

Thank you for writing about it. It helped me very much.

Louise
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?