Tuesday, July 27, 2010

 
Sat Nam everyone. Here is something really simple that you can do if you are concerned about the lack of substantive climate change legislation in our government.

In fact there is a bill going through the Senate right now that is addressing issues caused by oil drilling but far lacks in substantive changes to our environmental practices. Given all of the information that we have it is hard to believe that we have done so little as a country. Each of us is responsible for this big mess that we are in, and we can get ourselves out of it!

I invite you to call your Senator and voice your opinion. I just did it and it took all of 2 minutes, and it felt really good.

In fact you can call this number set up by an organization called Repower America. They will give you basic talking points, and connect you with your Senator based on your zip code.

The number is (877) 973-7693

If you do make the call, let us know how it went!

Sat Nam,
Snatam Kaur Khalsa

Here is the email from Repower America:

This could have been the week that the Senate stood up and did the right thing. Instead, a minority of Senators chose to block action on comprehensive climate legislation.

So today, we're telling them loud and clear: We're going to keep fighting until they take action to help solve the climate crisis and build a clean energy economy.

Thousands of you pledged to call. Now, let's hold our leaders accountable by calling today.

It's important to let our leaders know that we are disappointed. We needed the Senate to act for the benefit of all Americans -- not let Senators in the pockets of big oil and coal run the show.

Just call our easy-to-use, toll-free Repower America hotline at 1-877-9-REPOWER (1-877-973-7693). You'll be given simple talking points and be connected directly to one of your Senators after entering your zip code.

Call now: 1-877-973-7693

Report your call afterward.

Thanks,

Tracey Lewis
Field Director
The Climate Protection Action Fund's Repower America campaign

Comments:
Wow, you hit the nail right on the head. What is so interesting is I feel we are on the same wave length with this, because I just posted a blog entry about very similar notes of this topic, and I mean wow, I just got chills from it. Parts like us being responsable for the mess we are in. I am just now getting around to reading this post of your's, and it is almost right after I had posted mine. We are all connected, and wow, as if I needed anything else to show me, the similar notes that were hit that are almost the same, it just amazes me. God is so awesome. You rock.
I hope all is well with you.
Sat Nam, **(-_-)**
Piper
 
Snatam,
I hope you don't mind but I just wanted to let you know that I put a link to your web site in one of my most recent blog posts. I feel as many people that can should see your web site and listen to your music, learn of your mission, and know who you are. I just love ya, you are so wonderful. I have been working hard on things and getting a lot more traffic lately, so I hope that some of that traffic will be led here. I believe it will do them a world of good to do so. May God richly bless you further.
Sat Nam, **(-_-)**
Piper
 
ssa ji, you don't update your blog much
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?