Wednesday, November 15, 2006

 
Peace through martial arts

On our travels we meet a number of people who are working for peace that I will be featuring periodically. This week I'm featuring Gurujodha Singh Khalsa. To begin with let's see some photos taken in his back yard.





In September I stayed with Gurujodha Singh and his wife Siri Ved Kaur and was reminded again of the fact that he is offering a powerful style of martial arts for today's modern peace maker. The few lessons that I took from him in my early twenties stayed with me for a lifetime... namely the concepts of self esteem, self awareness, and plain toughness! Gurujodha Singh is a fourth degree black belt in Kenpo Karate, has studied personally with Yogi Bhajan and served as Yogi Bhajan's body gaurd for many years. He offers classes in Kenpo Karate, Gatkenjitsu (a form of martial arts that he developed), Tai Chi, self defense for women, and classes for children. If you are interested in finding out more about Gurujodha Singh and the many classes and workshops that he offers please visit: www.gatkenjitsu.org.

For those of you following the Celebrate Peace Tour travels we are on break now. I am enjoying being home in New Mexico. The greatest thing is that the solar heating system in our house works! For those of you who don't know, my husband and I just moved to New Mexico into a solar heated house. Before going on this last tour we tried turning on the heat when it got a little cold, but it didn't seem to make much of a difference. I had to leave for the tour, so we didn't really spend much time on it. While on tour my husband reported to me that the heat was working! I was a little skeptical, but let me tell you it is working. Holy cow, you'd think it was summer in here! But, truthfully I'm enjoying it especially after traveling all over the east coast where it was really cold.

Next week I hope to have some good pictures from our time in Chicago and Ann Arbor. Stay tuned!


May Peace Prevail on Earth.

Over and Out.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?