Monday, October 02, 2006

 
Blessings

This is a picture of Guru Ram Das, courtesy of Sikhphotos.com. Guru Ram Das is the fourth Guru of the Sikhs. He embodies compassion, kindness and healing. He was an orphan, just barely making a living to feed himself when he met the third Guru, Guru Amar Das. Guru Amardas saw his love and devotion right away. Through a series of experiences, and trials Guru Ram Das transformed himself miraculously to serve and uplift everything and everyone that he came in contact with. Guru Amardas saw this in him, and crowned him the fourth Guru.

As Sikhs we often chant the Shabad (sacred song) Dhan Dhan Ram Das Guru. Shabad means without ego. So when we chant, we bring the energy of the Shabad to us and it becomes our guide and teacher, or Shabad Guru. The Dhan Dhan Ram Das Guru Shabad for me is all about transformation, about making the internal changes, step by step that pretty soon add up to a miracle. This Shabad relates the experience of when Guru Ram Das became the fourth Guru. At the time, it must have felt like a miracle for this once orphan to take the throne of Guruship.... for the people witnessing it, and for perhaps Guru Ram Das himself. I believe all miracles start from within, and I believe that the energy of Guru Ram Das is so powerful and potent because his miracle of personal transformation also began within himself.

Last night we had the Espanola Sikh and 3HO community over to our house in celebration of the birthday of Guru Ram Das. For eleven nights before his birthday we are, along with communities around the world, gathering at eachother's homes to chant the Dhan Dhan Ram Das Guru Shabad for thirty one minutes. On his birthday, which is October 9th this year, we will chant it for two and a half hours in the morning. It is during this time of connection with Guru Ram Das that if you want a miracle you can pray for it and it will happen or resolve as the case may be.

Anyway, the move from Eugene to Espanola has been very energy intensive. In addition we have kept our Celebrate Peace Tour going. For me it is really important to feel settled at home, but I didn't feel settled. It wasn't until last night when everyone poured into our front door, seen in the picture above, that I felt a deep sense of peace and settling. About sixty people sat in our living room chanting, but to me they were angels and warriors... absolutely beautiful... coming to bless our home and bring it protection. I felt so much gratitude as we chanted. I knew the words because I have been chanting this Shabad for so many years now, yet I felt as if I was hearing them for the first time as they penetrated into the air, the walls, and the carpets of our new home.

After the chanting we fed everyone Indian spice cake and Yogi Tea. I also gave a tour of the house to people namely to Shakti Parwha Kaur. She was the first student of Yogi Bhajan's when he arrived to the west. She became what we affectionately call her the "Mother of 3HO." She and I share the same birthday, June 19th. By God's Grace she loves me and has taken me out to movies, walks, breakfast, and all sorts of things for many many years now. I feel so blessed... and I love her dearly too. It was wonderful being able to show her my new home.

In this time of of great change for all of us... I pray that we may reach out to eachother more, that we may have the miracle of friendship, and friendship in our home.

May Peace Prevail On Earth.

Over and Out


Comments:
Wahegurujikakhalsawahegurujikifateh

Dhan Dhan Satguru Sri Guru Ram Das Ji Maharaj, the king of kings and the saint of saints.

Wahegurujikakhalsawahegurujikifateh
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?