Friday, June 09, 2006

 
Celebrate Peace Goes to Spain!!!


A beautiful altar in the Basillica Maria Del Pi. We had the opportunity to perform in this beautiful church dedicated to Mother Mary. The first construction was in 400 AD! Can you believe it? The walls of the church felt warm with a deep knowing of centuries of prayers, voices, and stories of humanity.

This is the beautiful stained glass window that I could see while singing during the concert.

The beautiful pipe organ in the Basillica Maria del Pi.

Arrandeep Singh and Amandeep Kaur, the beautiful children of the folks who hosted us in Leicester, UK.

GuruGanesha and our host Harvinderpal working together as a team to iron a Kirta... a very touching moment on the tour.

GuruGanesha does his morning vocal excersizes... Amandeep Kaur watches. Yes...he does these vocal warm ups every day!!!! But hey... you gotta give it to him... even though it drives me a little bonkers his voice has been smooth as butter lately. GuruGanesha's got a beautiful new album out called Pure Ganesh... you can find it on www.spiritvoyage.com

We had an amazing time in Europe! My heart is filled with gratitude to have a small glimpse into the countries we visited. We really sang to 800 people in the beautiful church as seen above. Their voices filled the large sanctuary space Unto Infinity. We are grateful to our hosts in Spain, Hargobind Singh and Hargobind Kaur. Waheguru!

One of the most touching experiences on this tour, which I don't have any pictures of was my time with a new friend whose names is Navleen Kaur. Her family hosted the Siri Singh Sahib Yogi Bhajan, in their home for many many years. She grew up learning and growing with his guidance. He taught her how to read one of the daily Sikh prayers called "Jaap Sahib", and she shared with us the way that he taught her. What she shared with me was a deep love of the words, and I really felt it and applied it to this Bani, Jaap Sahib. It was incredible. I am forever grateful to her. In fact I will be heading to Espanola New Mexico to play music at the upcoming Jaap Sahib course. Sopurkh and I will then be happy campers at the Summer Solstice Celebration, and then I will be teaching with my mother at the Women's Camp in Espanola. For information about these courses please see: www.3HO.org

I look forward to learning more, and sharing with you. For the next month I'll be updating the blog about once per week. Thanx to all who have given your comments. I've really enjoyed reading them.

May Peace Prevail On Earth.

Comments:
Sat Nam
Dear Snatam,
It is so nice to read your Notes From the Road and to see the photos.
My mother sends me your beautiful cds. You appeared in my dream the other night walking out of the ocean walking peacefully holding a child's hand then I felt inspired to visit your website.
I love to hear your music and choreograph dances with them. Would really love to come to one of your concerts sometime! I hope oneday you can come to North Carolina or VA???
I also would really love to hear you sing the maha-mantra sometime:
Hare Krsna Hare Krsna
Krsna Krsna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama
Rama Rama Hare Hare
All glories to all the wonderful service you are doing!
Lots of Love & Light,
Karuna
 
beautiful one...forever walking in divine light and love...
thank you for all the inspiration you so graciously gift to myself and countless other be-ings! i am so excited to see you will be singing here at home in eugene in august...we will most definately be there, singing, dancing, laughing, crying, healing, blissing...all in the beautiful Spirit of the Divine One...
i am so happy to read your blog! i just found it, how wonderful!!!
thank you for channeling the Light so beautifully...thank you for being so amazingly angelicly gorgeous! i know you are having a lovely time in new mexico...
"i am happy i am good...."
Sat Nam
i love you, darby
 
Dear Snatam,

Thank you so much to you, Guru Ganesha and Manish for the divine music and hearts you shared with us in Barcelona. Santa Maria del Pi is a beautiful church, though I don't recall having ever felt it so full of Peace, Life and Love as the night you sang and played there. I loved everything about the experience, especially your inspiring presence and music, and really enjoyed to be part of an 800 people crowd singing to the God of all creeds in various languages, and that in one of the oldest Romanesque churches in town! We are one under the sun... I looked around after the first song and I could see so much joy and gratitude in our faces. The girl sitting next to me couldn't stop crying during the entire evening. I still relive now the first time I heard the echo of your voice against the old building's ceiling and walls while you were rehearsing and we were setting up the chairs in the aisles. My knees shook and failed to respond for a few seconds, so I just stood there in awe, feeling almost dizzy. I remember too your humility and patience as Karta and I improvised a changing room in that vaulted circular room filled with angels. Later on, during the amazing concert you blessed us with, my body and voice trembled as I strived to keep the translation going and not get too carried away by emotion. I was so deeply moved that half the time I was not there, I was flying! Your vocal notes stroke some chords that hadn't been touched in a while. You reminded me of my beloved teacher Sat Jiwan Singh, who passed from this life last February, with your words: "I want Nothing, I want God", which you repeated thrice. Not to mention your kind, generous soul during the workshop. You brought Guru Gobind Singh with you. Gracias, gracias, gracias.

¡Somos la gente, la gente del Amor!

Keep Up onto Infinity and please take us with you,

Sat Nam!

Santosh Kaur
 
Snatam - It's so wonderful to get a little sampling of Solstice on Sikhnet in the form of videos' and MP3's I didn't make it this year to Espanola, but I was there. Time and space has no limits, now does it! I am in the process of doing a 40 day Jaap Sahib as a challange by someone who atteneded, and this is also how I was directed to the page in the first place. So even without my attendance in the desert, some of that Solstice energy made it up here. Yes--- there are always challanges, this time one my ribs were injured the first day of Solstice, now for ever more I am ever present in my ribcage! All I can really say about that is (and they are getting better)

WAHE GURU!

Perhaps Winter no?

Many Blessings -

Sat Nam,
Santokh Singh
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?